1986 Cutlass headliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8Gride

n00b
Nov 2, 2011
I have a 1986 Cutlass supreme brougham with 39k original miles on it. The car was very well maintained by an elderly couple and is in amazing condition. My one major problem is the headliner. I know these ars and any with that type of headliner, is notorious for dropping. I am looking for a custom headliner. Possibly suede, gucci, LV, just something cool. I cant seem to find one . If anyone has any info i would appreciate it.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
The biggest problem with the headliner is getting it out without bending it or creasing it. You can go to just about any material shop, fabric shop (where the women get their knitting stuff or material from), and get just about anything. Once you get the headliner out all you have to do is scrape off all of the old glue, put on new glue and put your headliner on, a roller usually helps get the air bubbles out and it smoothes it out. Headliners are pretty easy because you have the shell so its just a matter of taking off the old and putting on the new. http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/head ... terial.htm
you can get just about any material from them and the glue you can get from 3M.

I recovered mine a couple years ago. I ordered the material from an upholstery shop, bought some 1/8" masonite board from the lumber yard and cut out an Olds rocket. I glued the rocket down and covered over it. Now I have a rocket embossed into the headliner. :D
normal_442_headliner_001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor