Attachments

• 1CFFA24A-4B51-452A-99D6-AD172A285392.jpeg
    1CFFA24A-4B51-452A-99D6-AD172A285392.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
probably not. I spotted one online a few years back and that's when I said "THAT'S the look!"

seems to be located in Brantford, Ontario, Canada but I haven't been able to find the guy or track him down to where he will respond, as I'm trying to find any documentation on exactly what is needed to be done.:(

he posted a few times under 'satanic-mechanic' on a few sites, and I found a timeline on cardomain.com of his build but apparently that site is now gone. if anyone up here on this forum knows the guy I'd love to hear from him

View attachment 193933
They don't always crawl really deep on sites, but, you could try internet archive and see if the pages are saved there?

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Gotta agree, that is both nice and unique, and an interesting alternative to the SS/Aero look. Almost makes me want to consider using the Monte LS front fascia in an Elky project (Just happen to have it stashed up on the mezzanine floor)

But another just as interesting thought occurs to me, if the Olds clip, then why not a Buick or Grand Prix?

As for the white Malibu with the Monte SS front clip, again, why not?? I do get that there might be one or two hyper-purists in the bushes just waiting to pour piss and invective on the vehicle for not being "factory", but hey, as an exercise in outside the box thinking, KOOL.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Gotta agree, that is both nice and unique, and an interesting alternative to the SS/Aero look. Almost makes me want to consider using the Monte LS front fascia in an Elky project (Just happen to have it stashed up on the mezzanine floor)

But another just as interesting thought occurs to me, if the Olds clip, then why not a Buick or Grand Prix?

As for the white Malibu with the Monte SS front clip, again, why not?? I do get that there might be one or two hyper-purists in the bushes just waiting to pour piss and invective on the vehicle for not being "factory", but hey, as an exercise in outside the box thinking, KOOL.

Nick
I've seen elkie front end conversions done with a bunch of different gbodies, as well as Camaro and Lumina. but the only one that really appealed to me was a Regal/GN style until I spotted this Cutlass Supreme conversion which is a pretty rare look. mine will be different from the inspiration because I plan to keep the elkie mirrors (in fact, I located some Corvette power mirrors :banana:) , the door handles have already been shaved, and I'm considering a tilt front but I know that affects stuff mounted to the inner wheel wells so won't be looking any deeper until I get it all done. it'll also be getting a new engine from the 383 currently out in the garage as well as a repaint. :p

Last edited:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've seen elkie front end conversions done with a bunch of different gbodies, as well as Camaro and Lumina. but the only one that really appealed to me was a Regal/GN style until I spotted this Cutlass Supreme conversion which is a pretty rare look. mine will be different from the inspiration because I plan to keep the elkie mirrors (in fact, I located some Corvette power mirrors :banana:) , the door handles have already been shaved, and I'm considering a tilt front but I know that affects stuff mounted to the inner wheel wells so won't be looking any deeper until I get it all done. it'll also be getting a new engine from the 383 currently out in the garage as well as a repaint. :p
Let's spend more of your money..

When you get ready for paint, have an 87-88 euro header and bumper painted at the same time. Swap back and forth when you want the more streamlined look ;)

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Let's spend more of your money..

When you get ready for paint, have an 87-88 euro header and bumper painted at the same time. Swap back and forth when you want the more streamlined look ;)
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-no. that 88 euro look was too modern for me.

in other new I found a gallery of pics of the inspiration I had not seen before (I've seen the pics before, just not at that website)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor