Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffinNashvilleTN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 4, 2019
Hi,
Joined the group a few days ago. Wow, there are some nice looking cars
IMG_2307.PNG
here. I owned a 1985 Cutlass Salon many years ago and the idiot I can be, didn't know what I had until now. I'll see if I can get a pic of it on here. I have some pics of it stored on analog paper. During that time of owning the Salon there was a Cutlass called a 442. I had know idea of them being in existence until one day in a nearby town. There it was dark blue, gold pin striping, rally wheels and the numbers 442. Oh my God!! That gorgeous thing should be mine. Well 30 some years later I've never owned one. Well maybe. :) I have recently looked at one, Looks to be all there, numbers match. T-tops on this ol' girl. Definitely needs work. A repaint for sure. Both rear quarters are rusted but not rusted through. Speedo says 47K. I'll assume 147K miles. Some interior moldings will need to be replaced. VIN indicates 5th digit "K" (Salon base) 8th digit "9" (307 HO)?? Does not have the G80 rear diff. I want to restore it. It does run. Needs valve guide seals. Brand new rebuilt transmission, water pump, radiator and exhaust system. It was being driven but has been parked for about a year. His asking price is $5,500.00. He knows what he has. He will not sell it to someone who's not going to restore to original. Things like 26' wheels, custom paint, etc. He's turned those types away. I've told him I'm not going to "chop" it up. I want it original as best as I possibly can. I have spoke with him and looked at the car twice now. He told me he would let me have it for $4,500.00 cash. So, what are your opinions on his price?
Sorry for the huge pic. I'll do better.
Jeffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor