1986 Gbody frame. Replace 2door frame with 4door frame. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2016
Rear frame rails rusted away. To do frame off. Can find 4 door G at reasonable price , no 2 doors locally. Would be sweet if this will work

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

EME_Mack

Greasemonkey
I have a 4 dr frame going under my 2 dr. It will drop right on and line up, except wagons and elcominos had variations that wont work. Id also measure the lenght in front of the rad support. From the front body mount hole to the bumper mount flange on the frame side. There are some differences depending on the model. My 4 dr frame was 2" shorter then my 2 dr cutlass frame. And i believe the monty and GP frame were a little longer in the front aswell

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have a 4 dr frame going under my 2 dr. It will drop right on and line up, except wagons and elcominos had variations that wont work. Id also measure the lenght in front of the rad support. From the front body mount hole to the bumper mount flange on the frame side. There are some differences depending on the model. My 4 dr frame was 2" shorter then my 2 dr cutlass frame. And i believe the monty and GP frame were a little longer in the front aswell

I have a 1980 Regal frame under my GP and it fits no problems. All G body frames are the same, wagons have different body mount locations behind the rear axle and the C section part of the frame is longer in an El Camino

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
From what I've seen and heard, not all 2 door and 4 door frames are the same.

Appears that all 4 doors, all Grand Am, Lemans, Grand Lemans and Malibu have the shorter front frame horn.

Grand Prix, Monte and sounds like the Regal had the slightly longer front frame horn, as does the El Camino.

The difference is only about an inch and a half

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor