Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Too bad they put a vinyl top on it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The car was already built when the kits came out. You picked the car you wanted to put the kit on. So it could have had a vinyl top or not. Just as long as it was a 2-door 81-88.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I remember those kits in Car Craft back when they came out. Just can't remember if they would of swapped in a 455 or suggested the car should get one.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I almost bought one of those kits NOS on eBay for a decent price, would have been a 20th anniversary except getting the card signed that came with it 20 plus years after the fact would have been tough. I like all the pieces except the front bumper skirt, it looks shitty. There should have been no vinyl tops to begin with and how many were added aftermarket and some people are still adding them to hard top cars!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I almost bought one of those kits NOS on eBay for a decent price, would have been a 20th anniversary except getting the card signed that came with it 20 plus years after the fact would have been tough. I like all the pieces except the front bumper skirt, it looks shitty. There should have been no vinyl tops to begin with and how many were added aftermarket and some people are still adding them to hard top cars!
The kits came with both decals, 20th Ann. or Aero Commemorative. Had the H/O emblems in the huge *ss "Hurst/Aero" box, as well as instructions, registration and promotional stuff, etc., etc.. The "bull nose" blank where the hood ornament went looked like someone cut it from a thick plastic sheet and trimmed it with hedge shears. No joke. Wasn't even smoothed out. The parts didn't match up perfectly on the skirts and stuff, the spoiler was another let down. Sure, as you can see, you could get all that junk to bolt up, but it was a monumental task to set all the joints lined up and fairly straight.

The '88 Hurst/Olds was a gimmick from Doc Watson to try and be relevant again. It almost worked. Everyone WANTED it to work. But over time, it's just not that cool. Unique? Yes. But so are Pacer X's. GM finally got around to adopting that look several years later with the Aztek and Avalanche lower body cladding. And THAT looked like sheeot.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
That is uglier than hell. Body kits belong in the trash.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Steveshow

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 13, 2015
A lot.

Attachments

• I-feel-like-I-want-to-throw-up-in-my-mouth-right-now--meme-50670.jpg
    I-feel-like-I-want-to-throw-up-in-my-mouth-right-now--meme-50670.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 289
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor