1986 Monte Carlo LS Engine/transmission swap to LT1/4L60E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2013
Hi new to the game here, any help is deeply appreciated !
I have a 1986 chevy monte carlo with a stock 305 sbc and 200transmission. I am doin a swap to a 1996 Lt1 engine with a 4l60e transmission out of a 96 buick roadmaster, I have takin old engine and transmission out . Getting ready to bolt in the lt1 and 4l60e. My question is , how can i get my 4l60e to work with the stock speedometer, or should i change the transmission to one more compatible?

Also the fuel rail is on the drivers side as to where the old fuel line is on the passenger side. Can i just get some rubber fuel line and some clamps and run it to the drivers side and buy an aftermarket electronic Inline fuel pump ? If so what psi does the pump have to put out ?

I took off the stock headers along with the egr hose ,etc off ... to get more clearance but ive heard that i would have to get the computer flashed is this true?

stuckincincy

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2011
Greater Cincinnati area
Re: 1986 Monte Carlo LS Engine/transmission swap to LT1/4L60

I have the Cable-X in a 69 Camaro and I worry a little that it isn't water tight. Dakota Digital is about to come out with a similar box that is waterproofed. Also the idea of not having to deal with dip switches sounds good.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd886.htm

Or you can get a couple of adapters from jags that run. You will need the key and collar to switch to the gear driven speedo and another collar for the 40 tooth reluctor ring. The LT-1/4L60E requires the 40 tooth signal for the transmission to shift. Without it it won't shift out of first gear.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/SpeedS ... uctor.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor