1986 Monte Carlo SS,Stock sunroof,stock 305,

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickSupreme88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2013
Santa Ana CA
1986 Monte Carlo SS, I bought few years ago for 4,000$ bone stock. with 175,000 miles. few upgrades I did to it: edelbrock aluminum intake, edelbrock valve covers, holley 4 barrel 650cf carb, 1 inch cowl induction fiber glass hood, new water seals, I Rebuilt the 200r4 trans, 4speed with overdrive, I put a posi traction rear end. fix the a/c cold A/C*. original paint,not on hood or front end. Stock working electric sunroof. I completely reupholstered the interior with stock design, but with burgundy vinyl with black piping and black stitching. flowmaster exhaust.

Attachments

• 303.jpg
    303.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,020
  • 312.jpg
    312.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,078
  • 313.jpg
    313.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 960
  • 311.jpg
    311.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 932
  • 304.jpg
    304.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,079

SickSupreme88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2013
Santa Ana CA
Thank you!! I should of joined this forum years ago.haha

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Nice looking car. Good to see people preserving these cars. I wasn't aware that there was an electric sunroof option available from GM on the Monte Carlo in that year. I thought that the only G body cars to have the electric sunroof (or monnroof as some people call it), were the Olds Cutlass/442 and Buick Regal/GN. I thought that the only optional roof treatment on the Monte SS was the T bar roof option. Does your car still have the service parts ID label on the bottom side of the trunk lid? I'd be curious to see the RPO code for the electric sunroof. You could have a very rare car there.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Nice looking car. Good to see people preserving these cars. I wasn't aware that there was an electric sunroof option available from GM on the Monte Carlo in that year. I thought that the only G body cars to have the electric sunroof (or monnroof as some people call it), were the Olds Cutlass/442 and Buick Regal/GN. I thought that the only optional roof treatment on the Monte SS was the T bar roof option. Does your car still have the service parts ID label on the bottom side of the trunk lid? I'd be curious to see the RPO code for the electric sunroof. You could have a very rare car there.

SickSupreme88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2013
Santa Ana CA
Thank you bro!! yes its an original option I did my research on it when I bought it.. when I saw it I new I had to own it. Also came with the LSD differential even had the metal tag on rear end identifying it.& rear defog. I reupholstered the headliner my self because when I bought car it was tore up, so I got to the inside and the control panel I was surprised to own one, I later found out that the 86,87,88 monte carlo LS had the optional sunroof aswell. it worked good on my SS it opened all the way and tilted upwards as well.

Attachments

• 302.jpg
    302.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,049
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor