1986 monte carlo ss, theft recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC$$

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2007
pawtucket, ri
the title on my monte carlo ss says "theft recovery". if any of you guys stole my monte before, thanks for not screwing it all up. i have a burgundy interior, and a black steering column and wheel, so i'll assume they were replaced.

79elky454ss

Greasemonkey
Sep 30, 2007
ohio
If I were a thief I might steal your MC just cause it looks so cool

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
MC$$ said:
the title on my monte carlo ss says "theft recovery". if any of you guys stole my monte before, thanks for not screwing it all up. i have a burgundy interior, and a black steering column and wheel, so i'll assume they were replaced.
Yeah, typically they'll smash off the column to get to the key cylinder. GBody car's are fairly easy to steal... But sounds like you lucked out!

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
ill trade you a stand up spoiler for your laydown. i have two, one is white with no cracks, the other is bergandy with the stock stripes and bowtie, also with no cracks. let me know.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just for reference, all 86-88 Monte SS's had black steering columns/wheels regardless of interior colour :) 83/84 however had blue columns/wheels to match the interior (and 83 was not the SS style steering wheel, but rather the standard issue version).

The spoiler has been changed though - the only 86's to get a laydown were the aerocoupes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor