1987 442 Interior color/code???

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Last piece to finish the interior in my 87 442 is a headliner... what is the closest in color? Interior is Maroon, from what I found on another site its called "Dark Claret 79" for the 1985-87 model years I have a picture of my RPO from the trunk lid but its to grainy to read and I'm not going to be home for a few days. I'm assuming the 442 had a very limited interior choices since they only had 4 exterior colors. www.stockinteriors.com has listed a color "Claret 1666" but they don't show a sample color. Is it close? I've done a few Foxbodys and its pretty much idiot proof ordering headliner material/colors.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The color code for the '85-'88 burgundy red is 79, will be 79_ on you SPID RPO tag. I have seen sites even list it as wine.

Misty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2017
Plainfield, IN
Please update after you do the replacement. I picked up an unmolested '86, and that is literally the only repair that needs done. I was looking at that same website. Best of luck!

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Please update after you do the replacement. I picked up an unmolested '86, and that is literally the only repair that needs done. I was looking at that same website. Best of luck!

I got a dozen samples from various online venders... nothing was even close. I ended up contacting Gbodyparts, they send me a pic of their burgundy material and it was very very close to an oem sun visor. It was alot more price was but if it matches ill be happy. Once it comes in i will post a picture.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
You really need the interior color code. Theres a few reds used in 87. Are you 100% sure of the interior color code 79 ?

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
I didnt try them, but they appear to have the same colors selection as Stock Interiors. I found it easer when i matched up the blue headliner in my 68 Rebel then this car... either way i have some burgundy on the way from gbodyparts they say its an exact match.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
You can also try SMS Auto Fabrics. Theyre the largest seller of old OEM fabrics around. Not sure if they stock headliner cloth though.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor