1987 Cutlass Build

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Seeing those it makes more sense how they work now. This car will have a minimum of a single 3 inch exhaust, if i can find room for 4 inches i will. That might have a little clearance issue for those braces
They make a fix for that. Although for some reason nobody ever takes my advice on this...

gettyimages-1166804998-61cb56a6-fea8-471b-9de0-4d93a686bd04.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Ooook so much life slowing down progress, which isn't always a bad thing. Between home remodel and work and my sons car I haven't gotten a lot done on my car however I did get the nose mounted to get a good look at the complete front clip for the first time in a long time. I need to get a picture of that. Finished the front bumper getting it put back together. As for the engine I had to unfortunately set it aside for my truck for the time being. A misfire from a bad injector had some bad effects to a piston so I need to swap them. So the temporary engine will go to a 383 stroker. That's at the machine shop currently getting its forged rotating assembly. Too much going on to build more engines at the moment. Hopefully will be posting pictures soon

• Scared
Reactions: 5 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Long time no progress but Punkin patch is temporarily out of the shop and my cutlass is back in. Working on getting inner fenders installed and heat/AC box. You know you're getting older when you don't want to run around with no AC anymore. I picked up a seal kit from Mikes Montes, thanks to everyone that posted about that kit. Pulled the dash so that I had better access to install the box. While it's out I think I'll pull the trigger on swapping the dash to one I have in really nice condition. Only issue is it's blue so I'll need to dye it.
20220102_113242.jpg
20220102_113246.jpg
20220102_113256.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Small update, got some parts back from powder coat. Nothing big this time but some small brackets for the AC components and the radiator hold down. Couple brackets for the header panel as well..
20220217_171727.jpg
20220217_171741.jpg
20220217_171748.jpg
20220217_171756.jpg
20220217_171804.jpg
As always they look awesome and I'm very happy. The radiator hold down is actually for my son's car so I'll need to swap them out so I can have mine thats on his car done next. His had a bit more pitting then mine did.

Reactions: 7 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
So yesterday got a little surprise for the old 260 that i dropped in this car. A set of shiny new headers! Took a gamble on these since they were listed for A body only but they seem to fit just fine. Had to take the oil filter adapter off the passenger side of the block but ive got them at least sitting in place until i get some new bolts in. Pretty happy about this because now i can run the engine longer than a couple seconds and can actually see how everything is going to do. So now with all of the cars I have around here as long as these hold up well ill be installing them in all my Olds powered cars. Keep in mind for all those who think im nuts there will be a 307 going in this spot after its rebuilt lol
headers.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So yesterday got a little surprise for the old 260 that i dropped in this car. A set of shiny new headers! Took a gamble on these since they were listed for A body only but they seem to fit just fine. Had to take the oil filter adapter off the passenger side of the block but ive got them at least sitting in place until i get some new bolts in. Pretty happy about this because now i can run the engine longer than a couple seconds and can actually see how everything is going to do. So now with all of the cars I have around here as long as these hold up well ill be installing them in all my Olds powered cars. Keep in mind for all those who think im nuts there will be a 307 going in this spot after its rebuilt lol View attachment 195502
Are those the $200 stainless Ebay headers? Everyone says there fit and finish is great for the money. I may pick up a set. How is the ground clearance? Those headers are actually a BBO A body header in Chinese Stainless Steel.

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Yep they sure are, $194 delivered to my house. Fit and finish actually is surprisingly good to be honest, i was expecting complete crap. Ground clearance is actually really good. They tuck pretty tight to the floor and don't hang down super low like i've had a lot of headers do.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor