BUILD THREAD 1987 Monte Carlo from Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergthor Dagur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 12, 2020
Welcome, what are your plans for it?
First of all I need to adjust the door windows there is water and air getting in easily, then I need a drivers side T-top glass, it was broken and has been replaced with a temporary plastic panel which is also leaking water, I've also bought a steering wheel from a 66 pontiac and will be buying new tires, otherwise its nice to drive and reliable thanks to Sævar 😁

Reactions: 3 users

Bergthor Dagur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 12, 2020
Going to retrieve it out of winter storage tomorrow and going straight to work 😎

Reactions: 3 users

Bergthor Dagur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 12, 2020
Went to get it out of storage today, had the first drive of 2021 and it was lovely, took it straight to the garage and went to work, changed out the steering wheel, and cleaned up the engine bay from wires and parts that were not in use from previous engine swap. Also took out the headliner which I'll be swapping out, and tomorrow Im looking at a possible T-top replacement since my drivers one is not glass but a plastic replica. Will keep posting updates :)
20210401_204208.jpg
20210401_204217.jpg
20210401_185830.jpg
20210401_201941.jpg
20210401_220232.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Bergthor Dagur

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 12, 2020
The T-top was a bust, it was from a SS with red interior and different locking mechanism, mine has a locking cylinder and bigger handle, his the opposite. Dont suppose anyone here has an extra drivers side t-top glass laying around? 😅

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor