1987 Monte Carlo SS Build - Aka Project Grown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
I guess it is if you can't make a carb work!

:banana:
Pro system carbs have always been a nightmare to get setup.. myself and all my buddies have had nothing but issues. I certainly wouldn't buy one again. They run great when they're right but they are a pain in the *ss to get there.

Reactions: 1 user

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
Steering question..

Do you guys have a dead spot on centre for steering? also when I turn it feels like the shaft slips if that makes sense then catches.

Everything is new, box, control arms, tie rod ends, steering shaft, everything but steering column,

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Steering question..

Do you guys have a dead spot on centre for steering? also when I turn it feels like the shaft slips if that makes sense then catches.

Everything is new, box, control arms, tie rod ends, steering shaft, everything but steering column,
This feel can be the alignment. A wide, low profile front tire accentuates the issue. Have you changed the castor from the factory setting? IIRC, you are running a wide front tire/wheel combo correct?

Pro86tourn

Apprentice
Apr 26, 2020
This feel can be the alignment. A wide, low profile front tire accentuates the issue. Have you changed the castor from the factory setting? IIRC, you are running a wide front tire/wheel combo correct?
I am running every single component UMI makes, ridetech coil overs, muscle bar, rich tech steering kit, Sweet Manufacturing 10.1 steering box, hooker steering column, 275/18 tires up front.

Almost feels like when i try and turn the wheel it skips.. and the dead on center feel is annoying! I have changed everything trying to solve it.. grrr

• Sad

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I am running every single component UMI makes, ridetech coil overs, muscle bar, rich tech steering kit, Sweet Manufacturing 10.1 steering box, hooker steering column, 275/18 tires up front.

Almost feels like when i try and turn the wheel it skips.. and the dead on center feel is annoying! I have changed everything trying to solve it.. grrr
What were the alignment specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor