1987 Monte Carlo SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSMonteCarloTaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 21, 2019
I recently purchased a 1987 Monte Carlo SS. Story goes, my uncle bought this car to restore. He planned it all and wrote it all out. Took it apart and started buying parts. Unfortunately, he passed away before he could finish this project. It has been sitting for about 5 years. Lots has been done. A lot has been purchased parts wise. A lot of people are telling me it’s too big of a project. I’m going to try though.
bbc962f56c5ba81db7d339d6dba207cf.jpg

44eedb7e09843d64c1b292f1e97874dd.jpg
e86f684394cedd72c312a9a33f874bc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 1 users

SSMonteCarloTaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 21, 2019
Going to be moving the car and frame and parts all to my barn the next few weeks. Then have to see where to start.

SSMonteCarloTaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 21, 2019
Welcome. Looks like you about everything needed to put it back together.

Thanks! And it looks like it, have to bolt it together somewhat to make it easier to tow about 60 miles but then I can really dig in and see what’s needed. May bolt it back on the frame fully when its back there. The interior has been POR 15 coated and the underside has been as well. The frame was powder coated but I think I’m going to wait on painting it. Going to try to learn as much as possible from this forum too. I appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Looks like a good project. The expensive stuff is all ready done and bought. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor