MONTE CARLO 1987 monte ss parts what years work

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckskin

n00b
Oct 19, 2020
Im having this car restored its been in the family since new. Im perching for parts that my body guy says I need. My question is I need a drivers side door, truncates lid, and front passenger quarter panel. What years can I choose from That the parts fit and are interchangeable? Also any tips on good places to get quality used parts please will be much appreciated! Thanks!

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Most 81-88 body panels interchange, some differences exist. All 81-88 trunk lids are the same but the SS’s have holes for the spoiler including two access holes on the corners underneath. Depends on how particular you are I guess.

Doors are all the same too but 86-88 mirrors are more forward, so you can make 81-85 doors work but 86-88 might be preferred.

SS fenders are essentially the same as 81-86 Sport Coupe fenders. The SS has a threaded hole for the SS headlight buckets, in a nut shell they will work, depends how particular you are there too. 86-88 LS fenders won’t work, they have a piece welded on the front to make it lower.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor