1987 Olds 307 vin Y "CE/SES lamp driver" location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

88SuperSport

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
This is in an 87 Regal but since its an Olds engine I'm asking in here...

The SES light has been on, today went to pull the code from the aldl by jumping/grounding the A and B terminals. No flashing code 12 or anything else, lamp just stays lit, manual says to make sure battery voltage is above 11 volts and it is. Checked both ECM 10 amp fuses and both are good. Manual says next is to check voltage/ground terminal C of the SES lamp driver before testing voltage at te ECM. I started taking the panel off to access the ECM, and the glove box door and I was not able to spot this. Is it in the ECM? The manual says it should be near the ecm but i didnt see anything. I didn't have much time to look into anymore than that, had to run to work. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate so I can start to fix this tonight after work or early tomorrow morning. Thanks!

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
The remote lamp driver is under the glovebox area but a bit more toward the radio. All the ones I have seen were a light greenish blue color. It just looks like a big connector you can pop open to expose a removable circuit board.

88SuperSport

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Hey Vince what's up man??

Thanks for at least responding, I probably should have just asked you... I ended up finding it, it was tucked waaaay up at the top behind the vents kinda. It was a black rectangle lookin thing. But I followed the manual and traced the issue all the way to a loose ground connection on the intake manifold where the ECM grounds to. Really weird, I've NEVER wrenched on that bolt for anything since I've owned the car, and the nut was literally so loose you could turn it with your fingers. Anyway I cleaned up the connector ends and stud and nut and walah! Diagnostic mode working and better yet, no other codes after letting the car run for a little while. It runs a lot better too. Nothing like fixing the car for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor