1987 Olds 5.3L LS turbo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
I love the jegs also. The skinnies will look great in the front. But they will come at a later date so I'll be mix matches. Lol. Jegs says they won't ship until may so they must be on backorder

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My vote is for the Telstar looking wheels from Summit. Those wheels from Jeg's are a bit too new-fangled looking for me.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well my wheels and tires came in, haven't had a chance to put full weight on them yet to check all my clearances. But they look pretty killer so far. Ill be sure to let everyone know what happens.

Also repaired some brake lines, waiting on a couple banjo fittings to get here then adding fluids. Picked up my driveshaft from getting built/balanced. Came out great and fits great. Hopefully have this girl rolling soon.

wheels.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Okay guys, tomorrow may very well be the big day that i finally move the car under its own power for the first time in a very long time. If all goes well I will post back with yall tomorrow. Just need to throw the exhaust back in, put the driveshaft in, add fluids and bleed the brakes. Wish me luck.....

3-11-18.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Today was a great day. I set a goal and met it. The cutlass moved under it's own power today. It's not 100% yet, still need to rebleed brakes again, and get a air pocket from the cooling system. Never accomplished something this big before, I'm not sure how to handle it lol. I had to align the rear axle again. It was about a 1/4in off from where I had it originally. I'm sure alot of you will be happy to know that the wheels fit no problem with the weight on them fully. But now the fun begins.

received_10156194790269911.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Okay guys, tomorrow may very well be the big day that i finally move the car under its own power for the first time in a very long time. If all goes well I will post back with yall tomorrow. Just need to throw the exhaust back in, put the driveshaft in, add fluids and bleed the brakes. Wish me luck.....

View attachment 84316

You need a turbo blanket. They manage radiant heat really well. The rest of the engine compartment will thank you!! It's looking great!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
You need a turbo blanket. They manage radiant heat really well. The rest of the engine compartment will thank you!! It's looking great!!

I've been looking at them just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I was planning on getting stuff to wrap the exhaust up soon too lol. Tired of my skin sticking everytime I brush against one of the pipes while it's hot lol.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor