1987 Olds 5.3L LS turbo swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Well we finished the rebuild on the camaro a couple weekends ago. Been ordering parts for my car and worked on it some tonight for several hours. Im kind of stuck on what to do about my coils. I ordered the msd custom length plug wire kit for LS where alot of people use it to relocate or reroute the wires instead of having them run between the headers. Id like to run mine back and under the headers so i dont have to worry about burning wires anymore. Im trying to make some sort of bracket to simply just raise the coils up and closer to the intake. If anyone has any input, I am all ears lol. But the msd kit looks super nice. really stoked to get it set up.

Also...I have possibly had a change of heart and may have decided to scrap my exhaust and put a fender or hood exit exhaust on. The exhaust i have ran now doesnt please me. I sort of rushed it and it came out bad in my opinion. But Im always my biggest critic but i think others would agree this time. It will be lighter, Louder, cooler, and just the principal that all fender or hood exits are cool lol. Id like to know what you all think about the exhaust idea and the coil situation.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Post up the MSD part number for the wires.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
Okay well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my exhaust tonight. Looks surprisingly well considering how fast i cut up the old and made something new lol. Hurt my soul cutting into the fender though. Especially when i saw inside and it still had pristine coating from the factory. But oh well lol. Need to final weld and add my o2 bung for the wide band. I ordered exhaust wrap and a trim ring for it tonight also.

dump1.jpg

dump2.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Okay well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on my exhaust tonight. Looks surprisingly well considering how fast i cut up the old and made something new lol. Hurt my soul cutting into the fender though. Especially when i saw inside and it still had pristine coating from the factory. But oh well lol. Need to final weld and add my o2 bung for the wide band. I ordered exhaust wrap and a trim ring for it tonight also.

View attachment 86877

View attachment 86878
That is BADASS!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'm assuming the smoke was from the tires? LOL I'd be giggling like crazy too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor