1987 Regal windshield wiper motor assembly and washer pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobtech

n00b
Dec 5, 2021
This is sort of electrical related so this is the best place i could think to put this. I have a 1987 Regal that was missing all of the wiper components; the transmission, wiper motor, washer motor, etc so I had to peice it back together. I got a transmission on ebay and went to buy a motor at Oreillys and the only one they had was without the washer motor. I'm new to G-bodies so I didn't realize that meant the whole back of the motor is open without the washer pump. Initially i didn't care about the washer pump since I'm not installing a fluid tank so it doesn't matter. It appears that the cover houses a circuit board and then the washer motor is another separate peice and its around another $100 for these 2 parts.

My question is can the motor be used without the cover (and circuit board inside) and is there a cover available without the electronics? I just need the car to have 2 wiper speeds. I don't care about intermittent or washers. I was thinking another alternative is to find a used motor for parts on ebay and rob the cover off that one.

Looking for the simple solution. Thanks

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
The circuit card controls the intermittent function plus contains the pump like you mentioned.

The 2 speed contains its own park function, so it might be possible to fabricate cover and just use what you have.

I used to have an account that links to all the salvage yards, and from there find who has what is needed and their price. I'll have to see if I can find the login for that. Other than that look through local salvage and see what's available.

Other thing to try is ((dailylister.com)), you put in year make model or what you are looking for. This app will search all USA Craiglist, EBay and others for what you are looking for.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona

Attachments

• 00d0d_ioqJv6HHHn6z_0pO0ew_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_ioqJv6HHHn6z_0pO0ew_600x450.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor