OLDS 1988 20th Anniversary H/O rebirth thread

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, I almost bought one off Ebay around the time you bought this one, went for about $300. My 88 wasn't a worthy car anyways, so for the best.

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
Yeah, I almost bought one off Ebay around the time you bought this one, went for about $300. My 88 wasn't a worthy car anyways, so for the best.
Not a bad deal at the time! I got mine through a friend (Dave Worthington) in Dayton, OH who knew the pair of friends who bought this kit in June '88. They were selling since they had decided they weren't going to do a car (15 years later). They got $700 from me only because there was absolutely nothing missing. He included the original receipt and all paperwork and parts were intact. I thought it was worth it at the time. I then proceeded to look for a worthy car. An online buddy (Rob Vazzana) had a white 1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic not too far from me at the time and it was in great shape (except for the typical T-top rust). He gave me a pretty good deal and I then had the makings of a 1988 H/O. Here is the car before work started.

1690548941009.png

Great car that I drove like the above pic for a while (a year) before I blew it apart and started the H/O conversion.

It's been a long way to get here with lots of community help along the way. Shout out to 69hurstolds for all his help recently with making some unobtainable repro items (and other stuff he has GIVEN me over the years). Details of that will be for another thread.
I am receiving '68 H/O emblems today to replace the original kit emblems since they are more reminiscent of the '69-'72 Hurst emblems. Cosmetically, it's almost there.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor