1988 Cadillac Brougham EEC Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
:popcorn:
Hello all! I have signed up on a Cadillac forum but let's just say that it is not like this forum. Anywho, I have a 1988 Cadillac Brougham with an issue on the Electronic Climate Control (EEC). The control head displays as it should however I can not change the temperature setting from 75. That is to say that I can not increase or decrease the setting from 75. I do disconnect the battery after each drive which will in turn default the EEC to display 75. The trouble shooting tree in the Cadillac service manual points at the programmer being the faulty part. The programmer is easy enough to access under the passenger side of the dash. My question is if anyone knows a shop that deals with repairing EEC components? I can't be the only one dealing with this issue. GM discontinued this part like 350 years ago. I have the wiring diagrams but it does not tell me what is going on inside the programmer.

Thanks in advance for all the help and snarky remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor