1988 cutlass supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
What's up guys! Been a member for a while now first time posting though! Love the website and the excellent help that everyone offers! A little background of myself: first car was a 1990 Silverado sport that was crashed while parke. Sold that and picked up a 84 el Camino that I ended up selling for a 1988 cutlass supreme classic. I was hit head on which was a real heartbreaker:( I then bought a 96 impala and was rear ended! Just my luck! Recently I bought a 1988 cutlass supreme classic again! Hopefully my luck changes! All cars were all stock by the way! Love these gbodies
IMG_0034.PNG
IMG_0077.PNG
IMG_0064.PNG
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Welcome aboard from KY. Nice rides, sucks they got mashed up! We all hope the luck changes with the 88...looks like a very solid, clean car. Having my 87 since 2001, I'm partial to the euro frontend, not that the others are worse...just a preference.

On behalf of everybody, thanks for the proper introduction. You will surely find a great group here!

Reactions: 2 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Hey there!! Welcome from Palmdale!! Looks like you had some pretty cool rides, too bad they had terrible outcomes. Welcome to the forum!!

Reactions: 1 user

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
Welcome aboard from KY. Nice rides, sucks they got mashed up! We all hope the luck changes with the 88...looks like a very solid, clean car. Having my 87 since 2001, I'm partial to the euro frontend, not that the others are worse...just a preference.

On behalf of everybody, thanks for the proper introduction. You will surely find a great group here!
Thank you! Yeah I feel you on that one! Ever since I had my first 88 I just couldn't go below 87 it had to be 87 or 88 haha

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thank you! Yeah I feel you on that one! Ever since I had my first 88 I just couldn't go below 87 it had to be 87 or 88 haha
Agreed, i love the 83/84 H/O's, but something about having the ending years of an era of real, full frame rear wheel drive muscle cars! Obviously you know, in stock form the cutlass is anything but powerful, but the bones are there!

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
Agreed, i love the 83/84 H/O's, but something about having the ending years of an era of real, full frame rear wheel drive muscle cars! Obviously you know, in stock form the cutlass is anything but powerful, but the bones are there!
I agree! These in stock form are slow! But for me since I use them as dailys and like to deal with least headaches as possible I just leave them stock! Plus the comfort on these is all I need! Go ahead and pass me up! Haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I agree! These in stock form are slow! But for me since I use them as dailys and like to deal with least headaches as possible I just leave them stock! Plus the comfort on these is all I need! Go ahead and pass me up! Haha
Nothing wrong with a g body looking good and goin slow....mine was a cruiser from 01 to 03, then i went batshit crazy and dropped a healthy 355sbc in mine! Once the resto is done i will still be able to cruise, but have plenty of umph when i need it...few more headaches from time to time, but the efi solves alot of idle and driveability issues so it's worth it.

Reactions: 1 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
This is exactly how I feel. I used to daily my '79 cutlass from 2010 to 2013. Kept it as stock as possible. Never tried to race it haha everyone used to tell me it's like driving on a couch haha

angel84elco

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2014
Nothing wrong with a g body looking good and goin slow....mine was a cruiser from 01 to 03, then i went batshit crazy and dropped a healthy 355sbc in mine! Once the resto is done i will still be able to cruise, but have plenty of umph when i need it...few more headaches from time to time, but the efi solves alot of idle and driveability issues so it's worth it.
Yup that's how I feel! That's the cool part about putting in a different engine you get to get that extra horsepower when you need it! Gotta love these cars in general! In stock form though they will give you some problems too lol I have had a few headaches with all my cars lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor