1988 Monte Carlo LS Street Car Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
Long overdue update but I scored a LT1 T56 for the Monte. I paid 700 bucks for the complete transmission along a new Competition Clutch brand clutch assembly. I since have pulled parts off the shelf and ordered up some 1350 yokes to upgrade my driveshaft while it is apart. I also purchased new bellhousing hardware and ARP flywheel and pressure plate bolts. I got a AC Delco roller input shaft bearing and a B&M Ripper Shifter.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 167
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 159
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 186
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
Well looks like my transmission swap and desire to change cams in my motor is coming with a frame swap too. I've but this off for a long time but I can no longer logically avoid this. My car was hit many years back before I got it and the frame is pinched because of this. I have a spare frame I've been holding onto for quite some time now. It will receive the UMI notch kit, boxing and some custom home brewed reinforcements around the rear suspension pick up points. My motor will be going from the LT1 hot cam to a Edelbrock 2204 cam. Additional modifications at this time will be 1350 driveshaft over the stock 3r joints and I will reinstate the parking brake since it will be of use now.

.492 (.525 with a 1.6 rocker) at 218/228 degree versus .539/.548 (.575/.585 with 1.6 rocker) at 234/238, quite the difference in my past ride. This same cam swap picked me up 3 tenths and 1.5 mph when I had it in my Blazer.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Performance/809/24502586/10002/-1

vs.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2204/10002/-1

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
In the past two weeks, I have completed my frame and received it from powder coating and started reassembly. I have reused a lot of items as they were already good. I did get new upper and lower front arms, a rebuilt steering box and all new steering components. Additionally, I have new body mounts and other small items. I am currently awaiting the return of some suspension pieces ahead of reassembling the new chassis into a roller. From there, I will go through my motor and mount up the 6 speed ahead of dropping the body back on.

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
In the past two weeks, I have completed my frame and received it from powder coating and started reassembly. I have reused a lot of items as they were already good. I did get new upper and lower front arms, a rebuilt steering box and all new steering components. Additionally, I have new body mounts and other small items. I am currently awaiting the return of some suspension pieces ahead of reassembling the new chassis into a roller. From there, I will go through my motor and mount up the 6 speed ahead of dropping the body back on.
Pics or it didn't happen

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor