1988 Monte Carlo LS ProCharger Build (10/12/21 - Back to Painting, Switching directions for power added)

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
If you need the frame add on for the Holley 4l80e crossmember don't buy it
I have one that I didn't need because of the Hellwig frame boxing I did. I'll make you a great deal on it

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
If you need the frame add on for the Holley 4l80e crossmember don't buy it
I have one that I didn't need because of the Hellwig frame boxing I did. I'll make you a great deal on it

I appreciate the offer, I am sending the frame to get boxed in and braced by a company here in Louisville. By boxing in the frame does it get rid of the necessity to use that extension?

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I appreciate the offer, I am sending the frame to get boxed in and braced by a company here in Louisville. By boxing in the frame does it get rid of the necessity to use that extension?
It might but it depends on what trans was originally in the car from the factory. I believe the 200r trans frame doesn't need the extensions

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I'd just give the new trans cross member to the guys doing your boxing and they could add what is needed via fabrication

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
It might but it depends on what trans was originally in the car from the factory. I believe the 200r trans frame doesn't need the extensions
I'd just give the new trans cross member to the guys doing your boxing and they could add what is needed via fabrication

it was a originally a 200r trans car, so I’m pretty sure it’s already there.
Did you like the Hellwig kit? I thought about supplying the parts for the box kit but I’m sure those guys can cut metal and get it to work too.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
it was a originally a 200r trans car, so I’m pretty sure it’s already there.
Did you like the Hellwig kit? I thought about supplying the parts for the box kit but I’m sure those guys can cut metal and get it to work too.
The Hellwig kit is way more than just closing up the C channel. It wraps entirely around the frame. It's much more rigid by far. As weak as these frames are from the factory i deemed it necessary for my build anyway.

Reactions: 2 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Probably save me some coins if i did that myself and then had them weld in all the chassis bracing that i'm looking at doing. May be overkill, but i want to do it right and do it once.
Looking at doing something similar to this.
svBbBVbl.jpg

QqNZ6Iel.jpg

vQyyWIhl.jpg

Along with the torque boxes being reinforced, and along the frame where i will be notching.

Ordered a bunch of sanding discs, and some purple roloc discs now that rktpwrd has shown me how bad *ss they are! Those should be coming today which will get me started on getting the rest of the body panels that i see damage stripped down to bare metal. Im also going down to TN this weekend to strip some parts and some metal from a gbody i have found.

Reactions: 5 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Been lacking on the updates as i have been fighting the car! lol

Got my go fast goodies in! Kinda put the cart before the horse but i need these for mock-up. I splurged a little bit on this as i knew later on i would likely be moving up to a Forced Inductions s480 billet wheel turbo and wanted to make sure i wouldnt have to upgrade these parts again. Got my stainless 3" pipes for the hotside, turbo flange and t4 merge stainless pipe in. As soon as the Holley turbo manifolds come in i can start on the hotside.

TurboSmart 60MM Powergate, as you can see she isnt tiny! 7lb spring in it, ill be controlling the wastegate with c02 so i can go basically 7 psi up to whatever i would like if i pin the gate shut with air lol
FN4E01Wl.jpg

3nlEgmUl.jpg

ECLKYYQl.jpg

TurboSmart 50mm RacePort BOV
TR53b9El.jpg

The Holley Term X Max came in, may be selling the ecu as I am unsure if it will be enough capabilities for what i want. There are quite the limitations when compared to the Dominator ecu. I have the Dominator previously and loved it.
UvwZEcBl.jpg

Ended up finding a car down in TN that i cut the roof out of and gabbed what i needed for some interior parts and began stripping it down and removing the skin so i could patch it back on my car.
tqqql60l.jpg

mK3dPHel.jpg

dxceNwtl.jpg

xOKhVTml.jpg

Then attempted to patch on my own. Quickly realized i am not cut out for it, but i am working through it! Rktpwrd has been a huge help answering all my tedious amateur questions!
ITD1qihl.jpg

OE0uafMl.jpg

qUANIeyl.jpg

qWl0K6Al.jpg

You can see here the line had sunk about 1/8" or so. Need to order a unispotter and slide hammer so i can try and pull it out.

Followed Rktpwrd and filled in where the lead seam was on the roof edge. I still need to fill the cut edge on the inside and get it to fit perfect with trim.
o7BJfGtl.jpg

Got the next section cut where i need the patch to go, will final cut it when i get time this week.
Igp9Bmsl.jpg

Also i decided to switch mounts and go from the ICT Billet adapters with stock clam-shells to the Holley mounts with Holley clam-shells and poly inserts. Ended up tearing the whole front end apart since it will have to be replaced sometime anyways. Need to figure out what suspension kit to go with. Kinda looking for a jack of all trades setup. Not perfect at anything but can do everything decently!
Threw the 80e on the motor since i scored it from the JY for 100 bucks. Threw it in the car with the truck pan and the pan hits the crossmember. LOL
YJtneYYl.jpg

tgUOrNil.jpg

So now i am on the hunt for a Holley 302-2 pan or equivalent!

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor