1988 Oldsmobile dome light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
Hello all some of you might remember me as “angel84elco” I had changed my email and created a new account. Anyways I noticed that my headlight switch should have a light bulb so I’m probably gonna take care of that tomorrow. But I also noticed that when I turn on my interior lights the dome light doesn’t turn on, I manually have to turn it on with the switch on the dome light, has anyone experienced this before? How did you fix this issue. Thanks in advance

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Start by checking the switches in the door jambs. Could be dirty contacts or out of adjustment. They self adjust on installation (Screw them in and shut the door). If he headlight switch works, the wiring is probably fine.

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
Start by checking the switches in the door jambs. Could be dirty contacts or out of adjustment. They self adjust on installation (Screw them in and shut the door). If he headlight switch works, the wiring is probably fine.
The light turns on with the door open, it’s just when the doors are closed and I turn on the interior lights the dome light is the only one that won’t turn on?

Angel88olds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2018
And I just noticed when I open the doors the courtesy lights won’t turn on only the dome light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor