1st hit after 3 plus years

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbcolds

Apprentice
Nov 1, 2009
Malin OR
Time and money has caused it to take almost 4 yrs to get the replacement car for the Cutlass. 87 Monte Carlo SS Aero Coupe. Hit the bars on the hit and spun the tires most of the 1/8th mile. Went 6.04/110 Click on the youtube link for video. Too long to post here. https://youtu.be/2Vl3BQz0n5E

Reactions: 4 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Nice hit make the adjustments for the next time and you'll be dead hooking in no time
No Bars
No Fear
Just kidding

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
nice,i bet it's a good feeling after all that time and labor spent.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Nice hit and can only get better. Ditto melloelky it's got to fell good to get back in the seat. We are taking the year off and I really miss it!

bbcolds

Apprentice
Nov 1, 2009
Malin OR
Thanks for the kind words. Will need some suspension/wheelie bar tuning(may take them off). As for the video police what do you feel you are missing? Being in the car it is obvious I didn't take the video. Lucky there was somebody there to take it. It's all about the car and not the surrounding fluff.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I'll throw my 2 cents at you - I was having a similar problem with the suspension unloading (like you) which was fixed with some tuning and also found the suspension too tight and not being able to move. The sway bar bushing being a large part of the problem.Went with adjustable control arms and hyme joints and got the sway arm moving freely. Solved my problem and give you somewhere to start.

http://www.how-to-build-hotrods.com/tuning-4-link.html

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor