1st Post, new Gbody member, 3rd Gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradElc

n00b
Jun 6, 2020
Haven't owned a Gbody in +20 years, last 1 was a '78 Monte. Just picked up a '83 El Camino with a factory 350 engine & a posi rear end. Have been looking for 1 of these for years, but its not a SS, a Conquista. Me & my son found it through a friend, was sitting in a barn for +5 years on a farm in Vancouver. We got it running and drove it home 150 miles. It runs like a dream, just needs the basics and a paint refresh. Excited for this summer project.
El Camino barn.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Haven't owned a Gbody in +20 years, last 1 was a '78 Monte. Just picked up a '83 El Camino with a factory 350 engine & a posi rear end. Have been looking for 1 of these for years, but its not a SS, a Conquista. Me & my son found it through a friend, was sitting in a barn for +5 years on a farm in Vancouver. We got it running and drove it home 150 miles. It runs like a dream, just needs the basics and a paint refresh. Excited for this summer project. View attachment 148729
Welcome and congrats!!!

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Welcome BradElc, from Seattle, Wa.
Found in Vancouver? BC, or Wa? You live about 150 miles from where you bought it. Are you around Seattle also?

BradElc

n00b
Jun 6, 2020
Very nice. Welcome from AZ! Any more photos of the inside and out?

Thanks! Here's a shot of it now. Hoping to send it to paint next week. Have the reupholster kit ordered, going to do that after it gets back from paint.

Attachments

• El Camino primered.jpg
    El Camino primered.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 153
Reactions: 1 users

BradElc

n00b
Jun 6, 2020

BradElc

n00b
Jun 6, 2020
Welcome BradElc, from Seattle, Wa.
Found in Vancouver? BC, or Wa? You live about 150 miles from where you bought it. Are you around Seattle also?

WA, I'm in Puyallup, WA. Found it on the PDX Craigslist/Search tempest.

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Does it have the diesel engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor