1st post - UK Lemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKLemans

n00b
Mar 22, 2021
Bournemouth, UK
Hey Guys... and ladies perhaps.

So here’s my deal, I’m originally from Vancouver Island, BC and in highschool I rocked a two tone red and burgundy 80 Malibu coupe with an 81 grill and a wheezy 267. That was 30 years ago, and for the past 15 I have been living in Bournemouth, England. G Bodies are relatively unknown here, most people import Camaros or Chargers and Mustangs are sold new here in right hand drive. I have been looking out for another Malibu, tried to scratch the itch with a 2004 Holden Monaro (ie Pontiac GTO) but it’s not the same.

Finally I came across a 78 Lemans, in nearly new condition. Imported here new, she has spent most of her days hidden away and only managed to log 14,000 miles. Being an original Canadian car, she has a Chev 305.

So far, thanks to posts here on the forums, I have sorted issues with the turn signals and cruise control.

My immediate plans are a better stereo (original is gone) and some bigger wheels, like 15 or 16” and to build a carport.

Anyways it’s great to be back in the saddle.

Attachments

• FD024D0D-8D51-49BE-BFD8-A6A02B047593.jpeg
    FD024D0D-8D51-49BE-BFD8-A6A02B047593.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: 9 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! That's a fine looking LeMans. I'm sure it's a rare find in the UK. The Holden Monaro is a cool car in it's own rite.
Thanks for posting the pic. (y):cool:

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hey, Canada, just a word of caution. Watch out for your local version of the DMV/Ministry of Transport. Apparently they can be downright miserable about changes and upgrades that weren't in the factory catalogue. Might want to touch base with some of the local rodders and builders to get some idea of what gets ignored and what gets buried under paperwork. I believe the term used is "Specials"

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor