(2) 1974 Hurst Olds projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibu Frank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2021
On Pittsburgh, Pa. Craigslist (2) 1974 Hurst Olds projects/parts cars $5000. Just thought I'd post this here in case anyone is interested. They are not mine so don't ask questions!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
As we've seen on here some guys have amazing skills and literally ANYTHING can be fixed with enough time and dedication.

Those both seem better destined as piles of parts to help other cars though. Still, a pair of 8.5s and sets of 4spd rods get you a large share of the way to the asking price. I bet cat converters and scrap metal break you even with a pile of stuff left over... if you have enough need for the rest of the small parts.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Apparently they’re bad enough that they aren’t worth the trouble. $5,000 is alot for obvious junk. In all the time they’ve been listed, don’t you think some other G-body fanatic would have scooped them up?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Apparently they’re bad enough that they aren’t worth the trouble. $5,000 is alot for obvious junk. In all the time they’ve been listed, don’t you think some other G-body fanatic would have scooped them up?
Depends...

I think $5k is just a bit high to have people jumping to snap up, but, may be worth it to the right guy.. At around $3800-4k is just about an instant sale unless something is clearly trash we can't see - bent 8.5 housing, broken l-rod, missing dual snorkel and spoilers, etc.

Perfect case:

I've got a lower mileage truck, lightly wrecked. It has its factory 350, 2wd 4l80ehd, and a sf 14bt 4.10 posi.

I don't have anything that NEEDS the drive train, so, I've left a lazy post here or there offering the whole thing for sale. Can only meet weekends, and not even every weekend.

I threw it out at $1500, and no, I ignore the $800 offers. And I'm not parting it out. Lots of interest in just the engine, or just the trans. It's still for sale. I figure I can replace the items around that cost.

And, I do know a lower mileage perfect running 350 and 4l80e are almost worth that, before you get to the axle, converters, and 3500 left over pounds of scrap let alone selling the rust free doors and the like.

Just because it's still for sale doesn't mean it's junk. Just that the guy won't sell one part here and one part there. Of course, maybe it is all junk and the pictures are 20 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor