2+2 With Fisher T-tops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintcarfan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
Vallonia,IN

CC1 is not listed on the RPO decal, but it has what looks to me like Fisher T-tops. There is no photo of the Fisher body tag. I could see someone swapping roofs on a higher mileage car that's been thru the ringer, but this one looks like a clean low-mileage car, apart from the missing front spoiler and newer radio, and a couple other details.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i like it. but it has questionable history.

sprintcarfan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
Vallonia,IN
i like it. but it has questionable history.
Why do you say that? I just noticed it has a black steering column which suggests it might have been stolen at some point. There are some odd stains on the seat belts, but everything else looks Ok to me.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
from the ebay description:
"Carfax Shows Total Loss Declared by Insurance in 1988, Title From Missouri is Clean and Does Not Show Salvage"

asking $16k and they don't know if its title is salvage or not.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Column should be gray. Factory t-top cars have lights in the rear upper panels. From my reading 2+2 didn't come with t-tops as a option

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Missouri has a history of being used to wash titles. Might account for the discrepancy

• Agree
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That is the first 2+2 I've ever seen with T-tops. But if the trunk SPID is accurate, it has the obligatory Y97 RPO for 2+2, and G80 with 3.08 rear (GU4), but not the CC1.

Hmmm. A bit of a fish smell. But it is possible, maybe, that someone with a desire for T-tops had them installed when they paid that premium price for the slowest Aerocoupe known to man. At least they put in what seems to be factory pieces. Better than those aftermarket ones with the "seal by RTV" method. Pricey maneuver, but the car doesn't seem to have any floorboard issues. Doesn't mean they haven't been fixed, but it just appears by the pictures the floorboards are solid. But in any case, I'm pretty confident those aren't factory T-tops. If they work and seal though, who cares? They compliment the car, IMO.

It used to be in Mt. Vernon, Indiana at ACTPreowned.com for 17,995. Here's a partial clip of that ad. Had 28K on it then. Or supposedly.
1986 Aero Coupe 2 +2 Pontiac Grand Prix Very low miles on a 2 owner car PWPDL PS PB cold air Factory T-tops lots of paper work Very nice mostly original paint car. has had the r/f fender and hood painted. Lets Trade.Please call us at 812-831-3535

So it's less than pristine and not all original for sure. Not going to knock it, as there weren't many of these beasts made. But Fastlane is in St. Charles, MO. I don't think they're washing the title as it were. But who knows for darn sure.

Could be legit, but the car's been around a little.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Salvage title and roof swap could be related, something fell on it in 1988 and owner or who bought it at an auction did that to help set it apart from other 2+2’s. Clearly not factory without CC1.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
I really hate black spray paint on the underside of a car.
Have both floors been replaced? sure looks like it to me. Plus is it still rusted out on the passenger side by the inner rocker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor