2.73 for 12 bolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020
So I have an 84 elo with a 72 chevelle 454 and 70 chevelle th400 along with the 12 bolt rear. Now i've seen other people talk about it elsewhere but i'm stuck. My question is do they make a 2.73 ring and pinion gear for the 12 bolt? Because i can't find anything but 10 bolt set up. And if they do make them where can i find them. Any info helps thanks guys!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
From the factory GM made a 2.73 ratio, it was the last ratio in a 2 series carrier before stepping up to 3.08s in a series 3 carrier.

You're not going to find that ratio at a store like jegs/summit because it's not much of a performance ratio, and no real demand for it. More of a junkyard swap unit.

Best bet may be to find someone who got a base 6 cylinder car rear end and is swapping to the better gear sets.

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 27, 2020
From the factory GM made a 2.73 ratio, it was the last ratio in a 2 series carrier before stepping up to 3.08s in a series 3 carrier.

You're not going to find that ratio at a store like jegs/summit because it's not much of a performance ratio, and no real demand for it. More of a junkyard swap unit.

Best bet may be to find someone who got a base 6 cylinder car rear end and is swapping to the better gear sets.
Was hoping for an easier answer than that haha thanks man i appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor