Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
IMG_2530.PNG
IMG_2531.PNG
IMG_2532.PNG
What's a good website where I can order 2 cowl hood for my Monte Carlo at a great price ? These the website I checked out so far have anybody order from them before

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Both Jegs and OPGI have been around for a long time! I would order from either without question. The main concern is how the hood will show up from whichever freight company is used.
I bought my 4" harwood glass hood from jegs along time ago (sold last year), the transaction was smooth, but when it gets delivered or you pick it up from the transit hub....inspect it CAREFULLY for any shipping issues/damages!!!! Once you sign off on it, it becomes your baby.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Both Jegs and OPGI have been around for a long time! I would order from either without question. The main concern is how the hood will show up from whichever freight company is used.
I bought my 4" harwood glass hood from jegs along time ago (sold last year), the transaction was smooth, but when it gets delivered or you pick it up from the transit hub....inspect it CAREFULLY for any shipping issues/damages!!!! Once you sign off on it, it becomes your baby.
Okay will do

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
A 2" is high on my want list.
Give the site sponsors a shot quoting you a hood.
Summit is good too.
Golden Star sounds like a Chinese takeout. Bet that's were those are from.

Keep us posted.

Joseph1135

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2017
Will the Monte hood match up with a Grand Prix? I'm looking for a 2" cowl for my 1984 GP and running into walls.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
No a Monte hood will not work in place of a GP hood, you find that the GP does not have a lot of aftermarket support compared to other models.
VFN and Glasstek both offer 4" fiberglass cowl hoods for the GP or you could look at adding a scoop to a steel hood.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like that the Golden Star even has marks on their hood in the picture so I guess they are covered when you complain about them when you get yours.
189-ho12-811.jpg

Joseph1135

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 1, 2017
Dammit. I was looking for a 2". The 4" is too big for me. Maybe I'll find a power bulge.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor