2 Electrical questions -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
1. my rightturn signal won't blink. I now the light works because I can get it to blink when I turn on the hazards. But when I flip the switch for the right blinker the light does not come on. Inside the car the turn signal indicator just stays constant lit. The left blinker works just fine. All other lights work just fine. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

2. My glove box has a connection for a light but no bulb in it. Any idea what the part number is and if I can get an LED replacement? I'm most likely going replace the light under the dash also but that one has a bulb so I can figure it out from there.

Again, thanks in advance.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
1. my rightturn signal won't blink. I now the light works because I can get it to blink when I turn on the hazards. But when I flip the switch for the right blinker the light does not come on. Inside the car the turn signal indicator just stays constant lit. The left blinker works just fine. All other lights work just fine. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

2. My glove box has a connection for a light but no bulb in it. Any idea what the part number is and if I can get an LED replacement? I'm most likely going replace the light under the dash also but that one has a bulb so I can figure it out from there.

Again, thanks in advance.
sounds to be in the turn signal switch, perhaps its bad or the copper terminals are corroded.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
If none of the lights are coming on, check the rear taillight harness that runs down the driver’s side. I had been handling the one I have and had the wires break off of their terminals in the connector that goes on the fuse block. If those are broken, you’ll need Packcon(I think that’s how it’s spelled) terminals, either Painless Performance or American Autowire sells them, I can’t remember.

If any of the turn signal lights come on, then it’s an issue with the bulbs, I just fixed this on mine, the bulb broke off it’s base, but still lit up.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
A burned out parking light filament will make the turn signal act funny. If the indicator in the dash doesn't flash or stays on, it's one of the fronts. If not, it's out back.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
All: I'm beginning to wonder if a faulty bulb is causing a similar problem in my elky. Here's the situation:

1. Turn signals work fine.
  2. However, when headlights are turned on, the right turn signal lamp illuminates and stays ON.
  3. With headlights on, left turn signal lamp will flash but right turn does not flash on/off.
  4. Flashers work at all four corners.
Could this also be a ground issue? If yes, where should I begin looking.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I swapped the bulb from right and left. The left blinker still works and the right still doesn't work. The bulb, a 194, looks fine in both cases. I'll have to keep looking researching this. I don't want to get pulled over.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I swapped the bulb from right and left. The left blinker still works and the right still doesn't work. The bulb, a 194, looks fine in both cases. I'll have to keep looking researching this. I don't want to get pulled over.
Wait, so I’m not getting confused, is the whole right side turn signal not working for all 3 bulbs or is the marker light on the right front fender not flashing? If it’s the rear marker light, those aren’t supposed to flash at all, IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor