2 Monte Carlos in Pgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If you have the time, I'd hit Millerstown first and if you don't find what you're looking for there, it's almost a straight shot down 28 to the Penn Hills yard. Get off at the Highland Park Bridge and take Allegheny River Blvd to Sandy Creek Road. Fastest route I can think of between the two.
I was thinking that would be the best way to try but the return trip might be 286/380/56. BTW did Millerstown have any other cars or just those three. Last year they only had a '87 SS that I got the trunk lid off of, a '78-'79 Regal & a '83 Malibu. I remember when they had a nice invintory of cars.

Nov 4, 2012
I was thinking that would be the best way to try but the return trip might be 286/380/56. BTW did Millerstown have any other cars or just those three. Last year they only had a '87 SS that I got the trunk lid off of, a '78-'79 Regal & a '83 Malibu. I remember when they had a nice invintory of cars.

The GPs were the only ones that I saw and I'm usually pretty good at picking them out. Back when I first got my Regal it was unusual for Millerstown to have less than 7 or 8 G Bodies at a time.

I think I mentioned it earlier, I'm pretty sure they are under new ownership. They have been crushing stuff and moving inventory a lot faster, different people at the counter, they totally reorganized the yard. It's still the best all around junkyard within a half hour of me. That Renick's is the best around, period. At least as far as inventory.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The GPs were the only ones that I saw and I'm usually pretty good at picking them out. Back when I first got my Regal it was unusual for Millerstown to have less than 7 or 8 G Bodies at a time.

I think I mentioned it earlier, I'm pretty sure they are under new ownership. They have been crushing stuff and moving inventory a lot faster, different people at the counter, they totally reorganized the yard. It's still the best all around junkyard within a half hour of me. That Renick's is the best around, period. At least as far as inventory.
I only hit Millerstown today. The GP's were a '84 w/231, '85 w/305, & '86 w/305 w/gauges. The '84 has damn near perfect floors & the other two are real close to being perfect. I didn't pull the engine harness in the '86 as it has a four wire choke/pressure plug. But I did score a perfect rear speaker harness out of the '84, what was left of the '86 gauge pod missing the volt gauge. All three cars still have good condition column shift tilt columns ('86 is a TH200 4R), '86 has burgundy split bench seat belts, '85 has a gray interior that is mostly there. Met a kid who's working on a Monte (& trolls the site) who took the '84's dark maple interior & dash to put in his Monte. Trying to figure out how to get the full floor pan out of the '84 cause they said I can have it for $100 if I cut it myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Anyone going back there? Could use some parts from the grand prixs if someone can ship

Nov 4, 2012
Anyone going back there? Could use some parts from the grand prixs if someone can ship

No promises but I'll probably be headed up that way within a couple weeks. What are you looking for?

Reactions: 1 user

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Looking for the grand prix frame bars and the 86 gauge cluster

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Looking for the grand prix frame bars and the 86 gauge cluster

Speedo/clock cluster or gauge cluster? the '86 doesn't have either one, I did pick up the gauge cluster that the blue back housing is damaged & missing the black bezel, lense, volt gauge. The '85 was the only one with both but is a warning light car.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Looks like maybe a good V8 shroud and a license plate pull tab. I’m easily satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor