MALIBU 2" steel cowl induction hood reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I'm looking to replace the fiberglass hood on my car and I think I want to go steel. Does anyone have any recommendations for a bolt on steel hood and how it fit on installation? Thanks.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
How's the fit? Quality hood?

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I'm leaning to goodmark right now, but don't know much about them other than I have heard of the name for years and bought some Nova parts from them.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I have a Goodmark hood. Personally, I don't think it fits as well, or as flat as a stock hood. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I was a little disappointed with the fit.
Perhaps I'm asking too much of a product that's made offshore.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
When I was trying to find one for my wagon I called Goodmark and I was told they were back ordered. Im sure thats not an issue now but the guy at Goomark told be all the hoods were made in the same factory and are just boxed for the companies that are selling them here in the states.
Im not really sure if he was making that up but in the end I bought a hood from Auto Metal Direct. I bought it through a local vendor. I figured it would be easier to pick it up locally instead of trying to deal with a trucking company if it arrived damaged.
As far as fit and finish it was pretty straight out of the box. The only issue is the back edge of the scoop and windshield clearance. I need to put something on the hinges so it cant be fully opened. Im sure it will be different on a coupe since the windshields at a different angle.
I dont know if any other wagon owners had the same issue. Who knows, maybe the other brands are totally different and the guy at Goodmark was telling me a load of crap.

IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0178.JPG

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
I used to sell PBE supplies and LKQ sheetmetal.
Back then most all aftermarket panels were made in Taiwan or the Philippines.
One or two stamping plants that made ALL of it, sold thru various vendors/product lines.
Most were made on used OEM stamping dies that were sold off.
Most "vendors" these days are just resellers anyways.
You pays your money, you take your chances.

gmtofd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2015
Auto Metal Direct, brought direct from them, it arrived vertically secured to wooden pallet. There was the need for some minor bondo work. The side to side fit is excellent, the windshield to grill header was slightly less than the stock hood, so the gap between the header and hood is a little larger. If your after perfection, then the headers would have to be modified. For my purpose, I'm totally pleased.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
My goodmark cam boxed well
I mounted it weeks ago but forgot to update

I had one issue. A pinch weld was tweaked just enough that the hood would not close
I was able to use my own body and metal working tools to straighten it

Other than that shipping damage the stamping does not appear to have any need for body work

I found my hood fit well enough for my liking also

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor