MALIBU 2" steel cowl induction hood reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've got a Goodmark hood on my Monte SS. It fits well. The back of the scoop is close to the windsheild, but doesn't touch, open or closed.
I also like those modified hood hinges with the support struts. Looks really good. Thanks for posting the photo and the part numbers.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
i agree,i don't want to mess with my paint anymore.
i removed that whole spring arm from the hinge assembly.you need to retain the bracket that mates it to the hood hinge itself.they're riveted on just grind it down or drill them out.i picked up two packs of ball studs #ML3000 from auto zone.com.you need two packs,one per hinge.the ball stud takes place of one of the hinge to fender bolts.the other goes in the remaining spring arm bracket hole.on the upper hinge side you will turn that stud 180 degrees compared to the lower hinge side and will have to shorten the stud of it'll rub the fender but it's not a big deal.it's straight forward,it'll make sense once you see the picture.as for the strut itself i spec'd it out from lift supportsdepot.com.part number SE110P130. View attachment 88695

How close does the edge of the scoop come to the windshield ? Pretty sure the El Camino shares the same windshield as a coupe. The wagon stands up more. Thats an awesome idea but Im not sure if it would work on a wagon.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You would just need to verify the maximum allowable length for the strut to limit windshield contact.

I still think it would be relatively easy to modify the hinge to limit the travel by extending the built-in stop brackets. This could be done with a minimum of effort by either welding/bolting a piece of steel to the side that contacts the other arm of the hinge, or drilling and adding a bolt as a stop, similar to a hood bumper.

SAM_1785.JPG

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor