2 stroke spark plug question

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Ok in need of some help from some folks that have a solid understanding of spark plugs. I have a 2 stroke motor that comes stock with a JIDICH A7TC plug. Its is clearly a China junk plug. I don't want it to fail and have the electrode or anything fall off into the motor as so many junk plugs tend to do. When looking on the comparison grids , all I can find to compare is a Torch A7TC. I cant find any comparisons to to my exact plug. Clearly the name JIDICH is just a brand...so is it fair to say all A7TC convert to the same per respective brand? I prefer NGK plugs personally. I want an exact match via heat and so on to the stock...but can't find any info. So for those with experience...I am looking to learn and gain a solid understanding here. Thank you!

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
I just punched your JIDICH number in the G machine with cross reference, and it spit out the Torch number. It has an NGK number at the bottom.
Thanks Fleming442! That is exactly what I was trying to figure out. I appreciate your help!

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yes that is a Torch brand. Go with what fleming442 has told you. I managed a small engine shop for ten years. He's correct.

Reactions: 2 users

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Yes that is a Torch brand. Go with what fleming442 has told you. I managed a small engine shop for ten years. He's correct.
Thanks dude! I am for sure. Any recommendations for a solid 2 stroke oil. I'm torn between Amsoil Interceptor or Dominator oil. I will be running VP fuels 94 octane ethanol free.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
You say 2 stroke, but what is it? A liquid cooled snowmobile will use different oil than a chainsaw...

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
You say 2 stroke, but what is it? A liquid cooled snowmobile will use different oil than a chainsaw...
My apologies...its a 49cc pocket bike motor installed in an 80 pound 1/5th scale RC monster truck lol! Part of my crazy RC car addiction..lol! I've had both of those Amsoils suggested but not sure which is better for my application.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-221118_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-221118_Drive.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
From my previous experiences, if main numbers from one brand to another are the same, which have to do with size ,heat range, etc, then first mfg number difference shouldn't matter.
Funny you mentioned 2 cycle engines. Had an echo power interchange motor seize up in a dry shed over previous winter . Got out a few weeks ago & pulled plug again & soaked with penetrating lube a few weeks & pulled covers to turn by hand this time. Freed up pretty easy, had gave up on it last year. Wrapped tape around socket in 1/4 impact driver to jamb in flywheel to make cranking easy, as it had gas (with Stabil) from year before last. Put fresh gas & fired up. Used a few hours, now carb is f'n up again. Sometimes I hate gas engines.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor