20 mile drag race

Status
Not open for further replies.

91zconvert

n00b
Jul 3, 2013
in the late 80's I decided to go with my friend to the local hi-way to find some drag races.i ran into my friend with a soupped up IROC.we kept racing at every light until we had a RS Camaro join our race team.we raced for full throttle around 1 AM into the open hi-way.i was going so fast that when I slammed on my brakes my car didn't move below the 85 MPH speedometer in my SS.after about 20 miles I seen 2 sets of headlights coming up fast and I knew that could only be one thing,so I flicked my lights for us to take the next exit.the RS went first followed by me and my buddy in the IROC last.right then the cherries came on and my buddy was busted.the 2nd cop came around and cut me off.while the RS took off.the 2nd cop chased the RS.i looked behind me at the one cop with my buddy and the 2nd cop chasing the RS.i then told my passenger to hold the **** on!i took off and everytime my radar detector went off I would pull in someone's back yard and wait for any car to go by.i got away and I didn't see my buddy for about a month and when I did I asked him what happened.he told me that the cop asked him how fast he was going and my buddy said he didn't know because his IROC speedo only went to 85mph.then the cop said " I was doing 145mph and I wasn't even touching" you.my buddy's reply was "my car does 145MPH". it's amazing what NOS can do to your car and for all this my buddy lost his licence for a month for doing 85+ MPH.i luckily got away and had the last 20+ plus years to tell the story.
TRUE STORY!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Nice! :friday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor