200-4r transmission cooler line threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Good info guys, thanks.

I just placed an order for adapters, hose ends and hose at Summit. $125ish all told.

I went with 15' of hose, figuring on a maximum of 7ft each hose if I ran from the trans to the frame rail then forward. I would rather have excess than not enough.

IF it could be routed such that the hose follows the original hard line path, one might get away with 5ft each line. This might require 90deg or 45deg fittings.....
i ran mine along the pan stock like.I'm running a cushion clamp in one starter bolt and a stud @ the front corner pan bolt with three nuts and another cushion clamp to hold my lines.i ended up using a 45 and a 90 @ the trans.

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
For future reference those are NOT tapered threads! NPT will crack the case...
You can also use the stock brass adapter fitting and then a conversion fitting from inverted flair to AN.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have straight hose ends at the trans and ran my lines on the wheel well to keep them away from my headers.
IMG_1477.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
the correct adapter to make this happen is -6 AN to 1/4 in. NPSM Straight Thread NOT npt.that's a common mistake.For the radiator end 1/2" 20 thread with an inverted flare.
OK so the factory fitting female end that is screwed into the case is 1/4 in. NPSM?

I cant really see the details in this photo but it looks like that case is similar to the TH350 that I have. GM transmissions have straight not tapered threads. Very easy to crack the case using the wrong threads. Ive also see two different type fittings used. Some have a tapered seat and some have a machined face that uses a copper washer to seal. My transmission had the wrong fittings when I got it. If you look I have the correct type in there now.
BTW Turna, I could only find the copper washers at Mars Store in Bayshore. I got a the fittings for my cars at the yard out east. He has a couple of piles of cases.

IMG_1721 (2).JPG

Reactions: 1 user

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Summit part numbers I used

Qty 2. Vpe-16435 inverted seat adapters ( for cooler in radiator)
Qty 1. Sum-230615. -6an braided hose 15ft
Qty 1 sum-220027 trans line adapter pair (for case)
Qty 4. Sum-220690b -6an straight hose end

Total about $115

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor