Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: Weakling

RedHotRegal said:
The biggest problem with the 200r4 is it is the weak link if you want to run any horsepower. I broke mine with a very mild cam, intake, and headers. The input shaft cracks or shears right off from the stator, or the pump breaks. Both these problems are common on the 200r4.

your right about the defects in the 200 T4 but the fixes are out there when rebuilding and from what I read the transmission is good enough to handle 600 hp with the proper modifications...up to 85 though the casing on the transmission was too thin. I've been trying to find a transmission from a Grand National since they were built to handle power but they are rare.

Jeffxxo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 13, 2006
I just wanted to say, get that problem fixed asap. I had my 200 rebuilt (very costly) and drove it for a while. I had a similar problem. Those tranys are tricky and if you dont have them set up just right you will burn them up QUICK! Take it from my mistake within a month my clutches burnt up I was unable to put it into gear, unless I slamed the gas then it woudl kick in. I was so pissed I had a 350 turbo built. I miss the OD, and the quicker launch. Just wish I could find a new shifter bezzle without the OD on it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor