200 R4 bellhousing change

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerb

Apprentice
May 4, 2012
Sun City West AZ.
Quite a while ago I remember seeing a TSB from GM on a change on the "Bellhousing" hope I called the part correctly?? What it was about was they added a small lip to the housing in the spot where the front pump is installed. Can any one remember or have this TSB that explains this, would like to know if all the above is correct when was this change implicated and is there a way by reading the transmission tag that would indicate the change??

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You sure it was 200-4R? 4L60E is theb one with replaceable bellhousing.

rogerb

Apprentice
May 4, 2012
Sun City West AZ.
You sure it was 200-4R? 4L60E is theb one with replaceable bellhousing.
No I can't say for sure it has been quite a while ago I ran across the doc and don't have a copy. I put it out there to see if some one could verify it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I've never heard of that one before -- not that it means much. I'm not aware of a problem with case failures either. Most of them have wasted stator support splines though. But it's not too tough to change with the transmission out.
006-25.jpg
005-28.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor