200 r4 possible trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

boberoberson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2013
I own a 1988 chevy monte, been driving it for 4-6 months had the engine rebuilt and the trans rebuilt mostly all new parts. last month i had ignition problems when i a spark plug wire creeped onto a exhaust manifold and grounded when the rubber melted...so my coil went and i thought my cat went bad because i heard alot of rattling after i got it all fixed. my car was always a tad hesistant to shift when accelerating and today i went to go leave my sisters house and put it in gear and the rattling was REALLY loud and i felt it go in gear but it just revs, reverse gets into gear moves a bit back but just revs and gets loud...please say my trans input shaft/interals didnt break please....

MightyCarlo86

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2012
First thing to check is get your fluid to operating temp and make sure you check the fluid. If you did that have you dropped the pan to check for debris or discolored trans fluid? If you haven't I would just to be safe before driving anywhere, just remember a new gasket and filter for the trans. Just my two cents anyways.

boberoberson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2013
yeah i check my fluids weekly, ill probally drop the pan and probally shoot myself since i cant afford this right now

boberoberson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2013
bolts definately came loose, explains the increasing noise and no moving(i thought the clanking noise was my catalytic converter) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor