2003 Cobra LS Swap (8/1/22 - Wiring Chassis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You missed the words "poverty 1500" in my post. I can't afford your fancy eastern pricing.

Kristin Cavallari Verycavallari GIF by E!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Didn't think you guys up north believed in pennies anymore so I corrected it for you. Unless dinars would work better.
I'll have you know I am sitting on a stack of Cuban Pesos my friend.....

Some day this might be worth enough to buy a coffee in Canuckistan.

The 20 even has Fidel on it....
20210907_205032.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
Got some more pieces to the puzzle rolling in.

Driveshaft speed sensor, ill utilize the stock ABS sensors and ABS rings on the front knuckles to monitor wheel speed/tire slip.
Cq0Srykh.jpg

Got my bussman relay board in, ignore the relays but this will basically operate everything on the engine/trans side of things. I think ill let the stock wiring and bcm control the basics of the car still for now. This will control all the solenoids, Trans brake, fuel pump, bump, fans, water pumps, etc.
YyO0DvRh.jpg

Also the moment we have all been waiting for.... the almighty GT55.
nNdAxq7h.jpg

Next to the Gen 3 VSR Billet 78/75
kfq8zX2h.jpg

Z1cZcuGh.jpg

Made a little adjustable turbo stand/mount, I think that this is where the turbo will end up. It will allow me some decent space for a methanol surge tank on the driver side in the future. Keep in mind there will not be a radiator upfront on this car.
lCCiV9kh.jpg

6Apr7lXh.jpg

Now to start building the hotside! I do need to come up with a trick little solution to make a removable mount for the Maven to support this big ole b*st*rd. Dont want something hard mounted that i cant remove to make engine removal/installation a pain in the *ss. Any thoughts?

Also if anyone has a lead on a 558-105 unterminated harness that would be awesome! Im about to go through the pain staking process that Duke is right now lol.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Still very jelly, I am hoping to be happy with the lowly ol 7875 in Blazer

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

I am getting excited to hear the Chy-nah GT45 spooling in the Monte again.

For the turbo mount build the tubular version of a motor plate where you can unbolt it as a complete unit if needed.

This is a tasty build.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Got some more pieces to the puzzle rolling in.

Driveshaft speed sensor, ill utilize the stock ABS sensors and ABS rings on the front knuckles to monitor wheel speed/tire slip.
Cq0Srykh.jpg

Got my bussman relay board in, ignore the relays but this will basically operate everything on the engine/trans side of things. I think ill let the stock wiring and bcm control the basics of the car still for now. This will control all the solenoids, Trans brake, fuel pump, bump, fans, water pumps, etc.
YyO0DvRh.jpg

Also the moment we have all been waiting for.... the almighty GT55.
nNdAxq7h.jpg

Next to the Gen 3 VSR Billet 78/75
kfq8zX2h.jpg

Z1cZcuGh.jpg

Made a little adjustable turbo stand/mount, I think that this is where the turbo will end up. It will allow me some decent space for a methanol surge tank on the driver side in the future. Keep in mind there will not be a radiator upfront on this car.
lCCiV9kh.jpg

6Apr7lXh.jpg

Now to start building the hotside! I do need to come up with a trick little solution to make a removable mount for the Maven to support this big ole b*st*rd. Dont want something hard mounted that i cant remove to make engine removal/installation a pain in the *ss. Any thoughts?

Also if anyone has a lead on a 558-105 unterminated harness that would be awesome! Im about to go through the pain staking process that Duke is right now lol.

You poor b@&tard, ill pray for your soul.

Don't forget to order extra 570-206 connectors as the 558-105 only comes with 3. A 570-216 if you run a second MAT sensor, and the correct MAP sensor as this harness comes with the old school 3 bar metri-pak style connector.

• Informative

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
To be honest the 78/75 i had on my last 5.3 did amazing, i loved it. I didnt really expect to evolve into this much of a car but i have seen quite a few friends on no prep do well with the gt55.

I am getting excited to hear the Chy-nah GT45 spooling in the Monte again.

For the turbo mount build the tubular version of a motor plate where you can unbolt it as a complete unit if needed.

This is a tasty build.
I was thinking of putting a bar that has these style couplers on both sides so that i can remove it close to the frame bars. I prefer to have the maven mount supported on both sides rather than 1 just because this heifer weights close to 70lbs. I just dont know if a single tube welded to the frame bar will support that weight.
1631733039767.png

You poor b@&tard, ill pray for your soul.

Don't forget to order extra 570-206 connectors as the 558-105 only comes with 3. A 570-216 if you run a second MAT sensor, and the correct MAP sensor as this harness comes with the old school 3 bar metri-pak style connector.
Oh im ordering a *ss ton extra!

I did wonder if i should run pre and post intercooler air sensors. Would be a good comparison of how efficient the brick is.

For the MAP sensor, i think im going to use a block so that i can have everything branch off from it. Ill use a pressure transducer style MAP sensor more than likely.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I was thinking of putting a bar that has these style couplers on both sides so that i can remove it close to the frame bars. I prefer to have the maven mount supported on both sides rather than 1 just because this heifer weights close to 70lbs. I just dont know if a single tube welded to the frame bar will support that weight.
View attachment 183780

Those are exactly what I was thinking. If you triangulate the pick up mount down to the horizontal bar it will be much more rigid. Even a single additional arm to the motor plate or core support would work wonders for supporting it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor