2003 Monte SS seats in G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I have searched some old threads, and even looked over at MONTESS.com, but no real pictures.

Here's the deal, I have a 2003 Monte SS High Sport that just turned into a parts car, for the better shape 2003 Monte SS High sport I just bought. This is my daughters car.

Anyway, I kinda dig the front seats in the thing, they are super comfy. I have 87 monte ss bucket for the wagon, but I was tossing around throwing these in there.

So, the request, if you have done it, or have seen some pictures of it, could you post them up and give you input on the fitment issues.

Thanks guys!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nothing? Hmmm, When the spring rolls around I will just plop them in a see what the fit is like. I have to get the seats custom upholstered anyway.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I have front and rear black leather 03 Monte seats in my 79 mc,02 grey monte seats in my 87 elco,grey leather 01 gp seats in my 86 SS,and 04 gto seats in one of my 87 aerocoupes.these Mc/gp seats are VERY comfortable and not hard to install at all.there was a write up by a member that hasn't been active for awhile(lowproelco)with step by step install pics? All that needs to be do ne in short is the bases on the Mc/gp seats mounting holes need to be redrilled to accomadate the body tracks,I believe it it a measurement of 14" across.I'm currently in the icebox(Watertown,NY) or I could put up pics of the seats in my various G's.if you don't get no feedback by the time I head back(middle of march) I can email you some with measurements?

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Are you think of just do n front seats or the rear as well?

I have them both, this would be for my wagon. So, If I were to try and use the rear seat the rear seat back would need to be modified to fold down.

I have front and rear black leather 03 Monte seats in my 79 mc,02 grey monte seats in my 87 elco,grey leather 01 gp seats in my 86 SS,and 04 gto seats in one of my 87 aerocoupes.these Mc/gp seats are VERY comfortable and not hard to install at all.there was a write up by a member that hasn't been active for awhile(lowproelco)with step by step install pics? All that needs to be do ne in short is the bases on the Mc/gp seats mounting holes need to be redrilled to accomadate the body tracks,I believe it it a measurement of 14" across.I'm currently in the icebox(Watertown,NY) or I could put up pics of the seats in my various G's.if you don't get no feedback by the time I head back(middle of march) I can email you some with measurements?

Watertown NY, Haven't been there in a few years. FT Drum.

I don't have a console yet, I'll be fabricating on so as long is there is some space between the fronts I may roll with it. The rear is a different story. Hmmm, I have to see what I can set up in the spring to try this all out. Pics would be nice. I also owe you some damned measurements. I have been so wrapped up I never got anything for your. I'm sorry about that, what dick I am.

NorthWestRider

Master Mechanic
Apr 21, 2010
Do you have any pics of front and rear gp or monte ss seat in g body ?

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I have them both, this would be for my wagon. So, If I were to try and use the rear seat the rear seat back would need to be modified to fold down.

Watertown NY, Haven't been there in a few years. FT Drum.

I don't have a console yet, I'll be fabricating on so as long is there is some space between the fronts I may roll with it. The rear is a different story. Hmmm, I have to see what I can set up in the spring to try this all out. Pics would be nice. I also owe you some damned measurements. I have been so wrapped up I never got anything for your. I'm sorry about that, what dick I am.
no worries we all get busy! Some banished from our warm comfy state to the damned icebox(lol,north country)!!! I can get you them pics and the install process when me get back in march.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Do you have any pics of front and rear gp or monte ss seat in g body ?
yes I have pics of the entire set-ups(front and rear) both Mc as well as gp seats installed in my G's mentioned.I can get you pics in mid march,as I'm currently collecting frozen tundra samples!!! Lol.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
New to the site, just finished working on this conversion in my 85 SS. Put 2002 front & rear seats in it. Not too hard to do, but there was some welding involved because I wanted to use the power tracks from the 2002. Problem is, the tracks are black painted aluminum, (find out the hard way after I had the mounts fabbed out of steel). Basically welded 2 plates on the front & rear the front tracks, and then cut the old rear mounts off the track and welded a small plate, then bolted them the aluminum welded plates on the tracks. The rear was pretty easy. Welded 2 plate steel brackets to the upper lid and used the original 2002 Monte upper rear bar & bracket to bolt up to. Then cut off the rear lower mounts (on the old upper rear seat) and weld them to the rear 2002 Monte bar. For the bottom rear seat, I used the 2002 Monte foam and leather cover, removed the 85 lower steel frame and cut out the hump in the middle of the frame, then hog ringed it together. Give me a couple days & I can get you some pics of everything. I have the seats out right now, just finishing up dyeing them.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes P-S-T Southside Machine Performance UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor