2004r Fluid level

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
After having done some work on my transmission earlier this spring, I checked my fluid level when hot and it seemed to be in range. Just for kicks the other day I checked it cold and it was clearly way above the top full line. I know some recommend these trannies by slightly overfilled due to cavitation and the way these filters suck up the fluid, but this seems way excessive. Any reason it would look normal hot and not cold? I thought transmission fluid expanded when warm. My fear is the fluid is bubbling up in the transmission so when hot the dip stick is only reading the remaining solid fluid.

Side note: I have no special transmission coolers or other ad ons, just a regular radiator.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Running, it should be the other way. Not running, it will be way over full.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Running, it should be the other way. Not running, it will be way over full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor