MALIBU 2004r not locking up converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
yup. i am hoping a local shop has the solenoid in stock. otherwise i will be ordering one up.
If your local shop doesn't have them give David Husek a call Turbobuick Performance he's out of NY 516 285 1103. He builds my transmission and i do remember him tell me some solenoid brands are better than others.

Reactions: 3 users

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
Should switch between 70-100 PSI. At wide open throttle and the TV cable adjusted properly this port can go over 225 PSI so don't worry about hurting it at 100 PSI.
PERFECT. Thank you for the run down of what else i can check . looks like i will have a messy night ahead tomarrow.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
since i cannot hear it click or feel it that is what i am leaning towards. i guess this is as good a time as any to also finally put the aluminum pan on while i am in there.
Use a bottom feed filter as well. I use the early 4L60E filter.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Some good info being shared. Thanks to everyone for tagging in w/the info. Might be using this for reference.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
If your local shop doesn't have them give David Husek a call Turbobuick Performance he's out of NY 516 285 1103. He builds my transmission and i do remember him tell me some solenoid brands are better than others.
hello people: His name is dropped alot w/turbo Buicks. I heard a built trans from him is over $3000.00
IBBY

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
if for some reason you strike out on a 4l60e filter,try one from a 700r4.it's the same
I think the shape of the 4L60E filter fits the 2004R better and is available everywhere.

Reactions: 1 user

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
I will be crawling under car tomarrow. was way too hot for that messiness today after getting home from work. i already have the 700r4 filter. ordered it up when i got the pan. already ordered new solenoid. it was only 35 shipped . should have it tomarrow. will still be doing the rest of diag testing but since it sounds like the solenoid did not even work properly before since it did not seem to drop enough rpm when on and now not even hearing it click when powered up i would be sure it is one of the issues if not the actual main issue.cheaper to change now then after refilling trans with fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor