2004r to 700r4 transmisson swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
He's ditching the 2004r cuz he's selling the governor and valve body to me....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I chose the 200-4R for its higher 1st gear since I already had 3.73s. That said, if you want a highway cruiser, choose a 700R4 and use 2.73 - 3.08 gears. 1st gear will feel more like 3.42s, and you'll lope along at 70. If you're building a drag car, overdrive is less relevant, go with TH400.

Drag racer

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2016
Calgary, Ab. Canada
Wow every time I on come on this sight for information about what I would like to do to my car just for maintenance reasons. Was thinking about replacing the filter, pan gasket not leaking. First replace complete trans for a leak? Then 50 ways to repair said leak. Next everything you wanted to know about the last 50 years in automatic transmissions. Thank you for all that information. I am going to do the service and will report back when done. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor