2004r to th350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2014
new hampshire
Hi everyone!
I'm driving a 1985 el camino. I recently swapped the old 305/th200 for a refreshed 350/2004r with computer delete. The car is still running a 2.41 rear end. The trans is running a monster exterior lockup and an iceman racing crossmember . Due too an extra o ring on the filer tube in the trans and an ill adjusted tv cable I blew the trans and it's being removed from the car. I'm having difficultly finding any 2004r's on craigslist and in junkyards around here. But I do have a th350 with a 6" tailshaft and I've told it'l drop in without a whole lot of hassle. I'm wondering if i can make my iceman crossmember work. Would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2014
new hampshire
also to note: that i do plan on rebuilding the 2004r in the fall and that is the end goal transmission for the car. but i dont want to stop driving the car. would also consider putting the th200 back in as a last resort.

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
I believe it will work, but if you end up buying a new x-member, let me make you an offer on the one you have. :)

Nevermind, I just saw your second post.

But yes, we have a thread here somewhere that a few members state they have done it and it was a direct swap.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
Go to the wrecking yard and hit the Cadillacs. Look for the big rwd sedan deville. Get the 2004r with the AA on the tail tag. Swap it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor