2004R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
I tried searching all the forums for information about upgrading my 3 speed to a 2004R. So if this question has been covered I apologize How hard is it to put a 2004R in my 84 Regal that currently has the stock 3 speed?

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
Your '84 should have the extension piece welded in on the driver side that accepts the 2004R crossmember which is what you need. Same length so same driveshaft. There's a metal plate with "PRNOD321" that installs over the "PRND21." The TV cable that attaches to the carb adjustment is critical. gbodyforum+200-4r+swap

Reactions: 3 users

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
Your '84 should have the extension piece welded in on the driver side that accepts the 2004R crossmember which is what you need. Same length so same driveshaft. There's a metal plate with "PRNOD321" that installs over the "PRND21." The TV cable that attaches to the carb adjustment is critical. gbodyforum+200-4r+swap
I have a néw double hump cross member and I had to unhook the cable that runs the gear selector to get my hand controls to fit so I just go by feel. I got a new tv cable and I watched a few videos on it. I feel pretty confident on that one. Time will tell, right lol. Thank you for your input. If you think of anything else let me know. Your help is appreciated

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
the hardest part to the whole swap is getting the tv cable right and stay calibrated correctly that means keeping a eye on it and time to time adjusting it if the cable stretched

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looks like you have the important stuff covered. What power level is your motor?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, bone stock in good shape should last no problem.

Street Sweeper22

Greasemonkey
Nov 18, 2017
Yeah, bone stock in good shape should last no problem.
I also got an external lock up kit and new transmission cooler lines. I got the new lines because when I put a new radiator in the threads were kind of stripped so I thought better safe than sorry. I hope I got everything covered. The shift linkage worries me a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor