2005 GMC brake line question

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
Picked up a side job for a blown brake line on a 2005 GMC 1500.... not knowing the owner removed all the brakelines before having it towed to my place not labeling anything or remembering where they came from. I was handed a knot of brent and broken lines... question is does anyone know what lines on the master go to what ports on the abs moduel, like wise with both frint lines.

Second is there anyway to activate the abs moduel to bleed itself w/o a GM diagnotic computer?

Thanks

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I work at a salvage yard. I'll see if we've got a truck like that at work with the brake lines still intact and take some pics for you if we do. Is the truck 2 or 4 wheel drive? I've seen the brake lines differ between the two before.

I don't know about the computer question. You'll have to find someone more knowledgeable than me for that one.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I replaced all mine on my 02 with a stainless, prebent kit from Classic Tube. I did them one at a time, so I can't help with port assignments, sorry.

I did bleed it without cycling the pump, though.

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
05 4x4 reg cab shortbox. Not sure if its a 4.8 or 5.3.
Brake line kit is ordered.
Thanks!

I work at a salvage yard. I'll see if we've got a truck like that at work with the brake lines still intact and take some pics for you if we do. Is the truck 2 or 4 wheel drive? I've seen the brake lines differ between the two before.

I don't know about the computer question. You'll have to find someone more knowledgeable than me for that one.
g cab short

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My truck is 2wd. It's in the shop for a Body Control Module replacement. I'll be happy to snap pics when I get it back. Don't know if 2wd is the same.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Don't know if this helps. I couldn't get under the truck in my work clothes....
20170627_122440.jpg

20170627_122503.jpg

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
awesome thanks for the replys! Now hopefully the customer drops off the lines... he thinks hes saving money by "assisting in getting things done"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor