200C Check Ball Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I have an 84 Cutlass Supreme with the stock 307/TH200C. I overhauled the transmission last year, and after I ran it for a while, I noticed some large metal shavings in the pan, coming from the stator support bushing. I pulled the transmission again to remove the metal, and after removing the valve body, I attempted to remove the fifth check ball in the transmission case. I couldn't remember where it was, and after flipping the transmission over, only to have the check ball fall out. I think it may have come from the servo area, but I am not sure. If anyone has a picture or knows the location of the check ball, any help would be appreciated.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
Not sure how similar the th200 is to the th2004r but I couldnt find any diagrams for the Th 200c. Usually the "bathtubs" get the check balls.
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor